Job DescriptionGreat opportunity to develop all-round skills in IT- hardware, software and network technologies- for this international company. You will be given varied and interesting work as part of a team, interacting with customers and processing jobs from initial enquiry through to payment on completion.
To augment the current Team in providing IT services of the highest level to our customers, adding specialist technical IT skill-sets to the company.
Senior Technical Manager
• To work with other Technicians in the Workshop carrying out IT repairs on equipment (laptops, Macs, PCs etc).
• Hardware Diagnosis, Replacement and Upgrades
• Working with Microsoft servers and networks both LAN and WAN
• Network technologies including firewalls, routers, cabling and wireless
• Windows / Mac installs
• Malware & Virus Removal, Security Hardening
• Setting up and maintaining Cloud based backup and email systems
• To assist other Technicians answering the telephone and responding to technical requests for support.
• To assist and log calls for support within JIM.
• To assist with any internal infrastructure requirements.
• To assist accepting new jobs; taking full and accurate customer information, entering into Ticket System accurate information concerning problems with equipment brought for repair.
• To assist when customers collect their equipment; conducting final check with the customer, taking payment, and entering payment information in JIM.
• Field and remote support as directed.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Evidence of self-learning in the field of IT and some technical knowledge and an aptitude demonstrated through formal education, work experience or personal hobbies and projects.
- Good customer service/communication skills and an organised approach to tasks
- Drive and passion to progress
- Positive attitude to learning
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Great team spirit
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate with progression to L4 encouraged.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)