Job DescriptionAre you looking for a technical support role in a growing business? Established in 2007 & based in Burton you will assist your work colleagues on a range of IT technical issues, including PC set-ups, hardware installation & creating new user accounts.
Our client is looking for hardworking apprentice with a passion for problem solving to join their team.
The role of the apprentice will be to respond to all internal IT queries raised by their colleagues, in a timely and effective manner.
Typical roles and responsibilities may include the following:
• Setting up new user accounts for new employees
• Running back-ups for data stored on the server
• Setting up and networking new machines for new employees
• Re-installing drivers for various devices, such as printers and scanners
• Troubleshooting Internet Connectivity Issues
• Installing Operating Systems, e.g. Windows 7, 8, 10
• Installing Anti-Virus software
• Installing new components such as hard drives and RAM to existing machines
Providing the candidate has a good grasp of IT, is proactive and helpful, they will stand a good chance at being offered the role.
Full training and support will be provided by both the Training Provider and the Business.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Some prior knowledge/experience with IT Hardware Support
- Logical, problem solving skills
- Excellent ability to grasp new skills/techniques
- Enthusiastic & Passionate
- A Professional Self Starter Curious natured
- Proactive – uses own initiative to solve issues
Future ProspectsFor the ideal candidate the opportunity to progress onto a level 4 qualification/secure a full-time job could be achieved.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)