Job DescriptionAn excellent opportunity to join a successful IT Support Team within a large secondary school in Peterborough. You will be providing 1st and 2nd line technical support to all staff and students in accordance with agreed performance standards.
|Your role will be to work with the others to support the staff and students in the everyday use of IT equipment.|
Duties would include:
· Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
· Escalating IT issues to the Network Manager where necessary
· Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
· Installing authorised software
· Creating and administering user accounts
· Maintain IT hardware (Laptops, desktops and peripherals) as directed by the Network Manager.
· Installing printer consumables such as toner cartridges, fusers etc.
· Carry out daily ICT suite checks, checking PCs are switched on and working at the beginning of the day.
· Security marking and maintaining an inventory of equipment.
· Assisting the IT support team to deliver a first class service to the school community
· Assistance with Tablets, Cameras, etc.
· Provide simple training to staff or students on standard computer applications.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:15 – 16:15
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Customer service skills
• Good communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
• Must work well in a team but still have the ability to work independently.
• Will have an understanding of the following technologies:
• Windows Desktop Opperating Systems such as Windows 10 Professional.
• Microsoft Office applications.
• An ability to work well under periods of pressure.
• Must have excellent Problem-solving abilities.
Personal Qualities• Willingness to learn
• Able to use own initiative
• An eye for quality and high standards of work
Future ProspectsOpportunity to progress for the right candidate.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)