Job DescriptionReporting to the support team leader, this is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic people to kick start their career within the information technology industry and learn from a forward thinking technology solution provider.
As an Apprentice IT Support Technician, you will be an important member of the team, helping to solve many issues.
Your day to day duties will include (but not limited to):
• Working with our clients to help resolve issues
• Resolving issues both remotely and on-site
• Providing excellent customer service in a professional and friendly manor
• Work with our ticketing system to log new calls and to respond to new tickets
• Respond to alerts on our monitoring system (proactive support)
• Produce monthly reports for both our clients and the service delivery team
• Configure equipment prior to delivery
• Installation of equipment in customer offices
• Keep up to date on customer and internal technologies – via webinars, blogs and or training courses
You will need to be able to demonstrate both written and verbal communication skills as well as strong IT skills and problem solving. As well as a keen interest in the information technology industry, with a willingness to learn and a can-do attitude.
Successful apprentices will be based within our offices on Watford High street
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Computer Literate
- Customer Service
- Positive attitude
- Problem solver
Future ProspectsA permanent opportunity for the right candidate. To develop into a fully skilled programmer with extensive range of design skills. To gain valuable industry knowledge, an understanding of marketing and all facets of the creative industry
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)