Job DescriptionAfter recently being awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, Bridgeway are looking to expand the team with an IT Support Apprentice.Reporting to the IT Support Technician, you will provide Technical Support to colleagues with duties ranging from hardware & software maintenance to first line IT support.
|Overall purpose of the role:|
To assist in day to day operations of all IT systems and user support.
Daily roles and responsibilities:
· Preparing equipment, i.e. PC’s, laptops, tablets, phones
· Maintenance of all hardware and software
· Software Licensing
· First-line support
· Patch panel maintenance
· Software & Security updates
· Equipment issue
· Virtualisation/SAN/Storage Management
· End user training
· Updating asset register
· Assisting with PAT Testing
· Monitoring and ordering consumables and supplies
Software/Hardware includes Windows XP/7/8/Server 2003/2008/2012, Office 2007 suite onwards, VMWare, HP SAN(LeftHand/Storvirtual), HP & Cisco switches, Veeam & Symantec backup.
You will carry out under supervision and guidance, all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Bridgeway Consulting Ltd’s Policies and Procedures.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Good knowledge of computer components and operating systems
• Excellent organisation, time management and administration skills
• Adept with Microsoft Office programmes
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
Personal Qualities• Ability to operate effectively as part of a team or individually as required
• A keen interest in IT and how various systems work
• A problem solving approach to issues
• Hard working and trustworthy
• Presentable & Professional
• Approachable, helpful & friendly
Future ProspectsUpon completion of the apprenticeship, there is a clear opportunity for a full-time role within the business and progression onto the level 4 programme.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)