Job DescriptionKeen to kick-start your career within the IT industry? Do you enjoy troubleshooting, repairing and building PC’s? Would you like to grow your IT knowledge and gain new skills in an award-winning company? If so, then here is the role for you?
• Assisting with telecoms installations on client sites
• Dealing with 1st and 2nd line support queries both on and off site
• To support colleagues whilst they are onsite installations
• To carry out remote project work and work requests
• To update paper work on projects and customer
• To actively analyse and keep track of the Telecoms Cases
• Provide assistance and guidance to the support desk team
• Carrying out site surveys;
• Providing technical guidance to colleagues and other teams;
• Finding creative solutions to the challenges of network
• Working to tight timescales as part of a high-performing team;
This is a great opportunity for one lucky individual to really test their IT knowledge and put their skills to the test.
The successful applicant will work towards a BCS Level 3 Diploma – Infrastructure Technician, I highly recommended and nationally recognised qualification.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there is the chance for the apprentice to gain a permanent position within the business and progress on to a Level 4 qualification.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not contact the employer directly as this will result in your application being rejected, all applications must go through 3aaa. Full training will be delivered as required and please note that if a suitable candidate is found the vacancy may close early.
Working WeekMonday to Friday 8:30-5:30
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Experience in service desk and or 1st line technical support is desirable
- • Strong problem solving skills
- • Working to tight deadlines
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Polite
- • Hardworking
- • Willingness to learn
Future ProspectsPossible progression to level 4 and full-time employment to the right candidate.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)