Job DescriptionAn excellent opportunity to join a talented and experienced team. If you are looking to progress your career within IT then this is the role for you.
Due to continued growth, Rite IT Solutions are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable IT Support Technician Apprentice to join our company, providing dynamic and customer focused solutions to our ever-widening client base, and play an active part in our continuing success.
• Proactively Monitor all client systems and respond to any generated alerts in-cluding system issues and security status.
• Provide hardware and system support for Windows networks including com-puters, servers, and network infrastructure remotely and at customer sites.
• Configure and maintain network equipment including routers, switches and firewalls.
• Support standard business applications and productivity suites both remotely and on site.
• Install new hardware and software into client networks including computers, servers and peripherals.
• Escalate to and liaise with third party suppliers and support agencies to resolve client problems.
• Virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V, Citrix and VMWare.
• Exposure to High Availability and Clustering.
• VoIP Telephony solution.
• Cloud services.
• Database administration.
• Web technologies.
• At least two years IT Support or Helpdesk experience.
• Full UK Driving License.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Competent IT knowledge
- Experience working with computer systems
- • Good communication skills
- • Confident telephone manner
- • Outgoing personality
Future ProspectsProgression opportunities for the right candidate
The apprenticeship will include:
• Network principles (KM1 Exam) – 14 delivery days.
• Network systems & architecture (Vendor Proxy: CompTIA Server+) – 0 delivery days.
• Network Security (KM3 Exam) – 14 delivery days.
• Upon completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a L4 Apprenticeship in Network Engineering.
• In addition, you can also take additional vendor or professional qualifications (to be agreed with your learning coach), such as:
Delivery will include 1 day every other week within the academy.