Job DescriptionWe are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic Apprentice IT Support Technician to join our growing Managed Services department.
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic IT Support Technician to join our growing Managed Services department.
You will be required to provide a high level of 1st line Support with some 2nd line responsibilities.
The role will involve:
- Logging calls that come through to the IT Helpdesk
- Resolving Incidents and Service Requests effectively and efficiently.
- Providing high levels of remote support
- Referral or escalation of unresolved Incidents and Service Requests when required
- Providing occasional onsite support
Occasional help in the installation of structured cabling, AV cabling, projectors, Interactive White Boards.
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Knowledge of Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating Systems, including Microsoft AD and Exchange (Would be an advantage)
• Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking (Would be an advantage)
Personal Qualities• Capable of dealing with external customer support requirements
• Able to communicate to all levels of users
• Have a polite, patient and confident telephone manner
• Confident to deliver onsite support for clients
• An individual who is able to work alone as well as part of a team.
• Someone who is motivated and willing to go the "extra mile".
• The ability to work flexible hours/weekends when necessary
• Driving license (desirable)
Future ProspectsA full time position may be available upon completion of the apprenticeship for a successful employee. Progression to level 4 Higher Apprenticeship may be possible.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)