Job DescriptionKick-start your career with a global software company! Our client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic IT Support apprentice to join their growing team. Reporting to the QA Manager you will provide internal systems support to the business & colleagues.
Our client is looking for a young and enthusiastic individual to join their growing team on Pride Park, Derby.
Reporting to the QA Manager, your typical roles and responsibilities will be as follows:
· Support internal IT systems
· Setup, configure and maintain IT infrastructure – hardware\software and network systems as required
· Administer and maintain the Dynamics CRM system
· Problem solving software\hardware faults
· Understand underlying system architecture and requirements
· Support the test process by creating test cases, scripts and data
· Perform manual testing when required
· Track and maintain defects in the defect management system and aid the development team to ensure proper resolution.
· Pre-configure systems and convert data in preparation for implementation of new systems and /or upgrades to existing client systems.
· Where necessary assist in the execution of automated tests
· Report directly to the QA manager
· Communicate issues to all levels within the company
· Any other duties or special projects as reasonably requested by the Company
The successful applicant must have a strong interest in software along with an understanding of the importance of excellent customer service.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- A structured and methodical approach
- An excellent attention to detail
- Good analytical skills - the ability to analyse and describe complex functions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working alone, or as part of a small team
- Flexible approach to changing work tasks
- Enthusiastic about tackling new challenges
- A positive, hardworking team player
- Willing to develop knowledge and experience – self-taught if needed
Future ProspectsOur client will support hard-working apprentices onto their Level 4 HND qualification and are looking to offer a full time position at the end of the Apprenticeship.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)