Job DescriptionAre you passionate about IT? Are you a proven problem solver? Our client is recruiting an enthusiastic young person to join their team on Pride Park, Derby. You will provide IT Technical Support to clients and colleagues both remotely & internally.
Our client is looking for an apprentice to join their technical support team who is passionate about IT. Maybe you have built a computer or fixed one for friends and family? The key to this role is having strong communication skills and a flair for technology.
Initially you will start on the IT helpdesk, however if you wanted to become more site based as an Engineer, they will support you with this.
Day to day duties may include but not necessarily limited to:
· Responding to IT related tickets
· Setting up new PC’s/Laptops
· Setting up new users on internal systems
· Networking PC’s to printers, scanners and other hardware
· Trouble shooting and technical fault diagnostics for clients and colleagues through remote access and on-site support
· Remote access to assist with the installations of both software and drivers for hardware for MS Office to communicate with
· Administrative tasks such as chasing server checks and printer readings
Our client would also like the candidate to become Product Champion’s on 2 pices of Software within the business. One is a document management system and the other a piece of software that manages the time/fees charged by their employees.
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Passionate about IT
- Confident and effective communicator
- Good understanding / experience of customer service
- Enthusiastic / Passionate
- Hard Working
- Problem Solver
Future ProspectsOur client is passionate about Professional Development and will therefore be more than happy to support hard working apprentices onto a Level 4 Qualification. There will be a full time role available for a hard working apprentice at the end of the apprenticeship.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)