Job DescriptionAre you an IT savvy problem solver? After the success of their last IT apprentice, Barron McCann are recruiting another. Based in Derby, the successful candidate will get involved in all aspects of ICT from resolving technical issues for colleagues to assisting with the build of EPOS systems.
Barron McCann is experiencing a rapid period of growth and are consequently looking to add new members of staff to their IT team, including an ICT Apprentice.
The role will offer an all-round exposure to the entire IT function within the business, from computer upgrades, EPOS Builds, CRM developments and the design and development of company web portals.
Typical roles and responsibilities in this role will include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
Technical (Workshop/build room)
• Build of EPOS Systems and computer work stations
• Running technical fault diagnostics on hardware, e.g. printers scanners, desktop computers, Epos Systems
• Upgrading of IT equipment
• Onsite IT support from ticketing system
• Development, maintenance and administration of Microsoft software such as Dynamic CRM, Microsoft NAV and SharePoint
• Building and maintaining XML Interface
• Potential to work on the design and development of various web portals
• Potential to get involved with App Building and other software projects
Our client fully understands that this role is for an apprenticeship and therefore isn’t expecting an abundance of technical knowledge from the applicant, however they do expect applicants to have a passion for IT.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
- • Good knowledge of computer components and operating systems
- • Excellent organisation, time management and administration skills
- • Good interpersonal and communication skills, with confidence to speak with employees at all levels.
- • Competent user of Microsoft Office programmes
- • Ability to operate effectively as part of a team or individually as required
- • Passionate about IT
- • Approachable, helpful & friendly
- • Honest & reliable
Future ProspectsUpon completion of the apprenticeship, there is a clear opportunity for a full-time role within the business and progression onto the level 4 programme.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)