Job DescriptionDavies group are looking for a passionate individual with a drive for IT, there fast paced department sits at the heart of an active business which will offer continual new challenge. As sector leaders, you will be at the forefront of industry in claims management
To provide first line helpdesk support to clients, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone and email and helpdesk software.
Visit Davies offices and sites and to provide support as necessary.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To provide 1st line technical support; answering support queries via phone
• To support users remotely.
• To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and
• Adhere to all service management principles.
• To take ownership of user problems and be pro-active when dealing with user issues.
• To log all calls on the call logging system.
• Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
• Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
• Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
• Carry out daily client systems checks, reporting to IT Manager where necessary.
• Pre-build PCs/Laptops.
• Fault finding for Laptops, Desktops and Windows tablets.
• Be responsible for in-house system back-ups.
All Staff are expected to carry out any reasonable instruction given by their senior manager, in line with business requirements
Working WeekMonday- Friday 9am- 5.30pm Ideally working two shifts to match our existing team 7.30am to 4pm 9.30am to 6pm 40 Hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsSkills & Experience
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• VMware experience beneficial but not essential.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems inc Win 8.
• Active Directory and Exchange Server Administration.
• MS Office
• Desired - Good working knowledge of LAN/WAN principals and TCP/IP protocols.
• Understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
• ‘Hands on’ approach and a willingness to learn.
Personal Qualities• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• ‘Hands on’ approach and a commitment & willingness to learn.
• Good team player but also good at being self reliant.
• Able to multi task and see a job/project through to conclusion.
• Excellent attention to detail and able to organise own workflow.
• Ability to learn from experience and colleagues.
Future ProspectsFor the right applicant there is progression and the opportunity to undertake a level 4 qualification in IT.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)