Job DescriptionAs a Technical Support Analyst you will act as the first point of contact for customers experiencing technical issues with software or hardware supplied by VDT. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving customer support requests.
|As time progresses you will gain valuable knowledge and experience.
Duties will include, but not be restricted to the following.
· Field incoming support requests from customers via telephone or e-mail in a timely manner.
· Document all customer information, including company name, contact information and nature of the problem or issue using in house ticketing portal. This also includes actions taken, through to final resolution.
· Follow up and make scheduled interaction with customers where necessary.
· Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
· Independently and as a team, prioritize and undertake assigned tasks.
· Monitoring and maintaining systems and networks to ensure the WebEye platform is running at an optimum level.
· Installing and configuring hardware, software, systems and networks internally and remotely.
· Develop internal and external documentation regarding software and hardware.
· Research required information using available resources.
· Follow standard processes and procedures.
· Establish a good working relationship with customers, colleagues and other professionals
· Provide internal support to other departments within the company where required.
· Complete testing plans for new and existing products.
· Training on new and existing products/software to ensure knowledge base is current and acceptable to offer relevant support to customers.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- All round IT SKILLS, HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE.
- Strong customer service skills/ awareness
- Self motivated.
- Keen to learn.
Future ProspectsFull permanent prospects.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)