Job DescriptionThis is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company who have fantastic staff retention and previous experience of supporting apprenticeships. If you are a keen hobbyist PC builder willing to learn and expand your knowledge into industrial PC systems, displays and touch, then this is the role for you.
The role will require a A self-motivated engineer to work inside our internal technical department perform-ing installation, assembly and testing of various computer systems.
Task will include the following:
• Provide internal technical support to the product managers as required.
• Configure and build industrial PC based systems including digital displays and touch systems to sales specifications provided, this includes pre-loading soft-ware and adjusting BIOSes.
• Fault find customer returns and repair or return to manufacturer for repair.
• Manage the repair / returns process to ensure timely customer fault resolu-tion. Booking in, shipping out and generating supporting paperwork.
• Includes internal repairs and liaison / escalation with manufacturers in the Far East.
• Assist warehouse in product identification and protective product packaging.
• Incoming and outgoing quality inspection.
• Opportunity to expand the roll into system design, product management or pre/post-sales support,
• Assist product managers in maintaining our website with current product up-dates using a content management system. Some opportunity for content design.
Working WeekMonday to Friday 8:30 to 17:00
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Requires a working knowledge of PC build or repair
- • Knowledge and experience with the installation and configuration of Microsoft operating systems
- • Ability to work under pressure, independently or in a team as required
- • PC assembly experience would be advantageous
- • Excellent communication skills, both telephone and face to face
- • A self-motivated individual
- • No formal PC qualifications are required but must have good education and be keen to learn and willing to adapt
- • Eye for detail
Future ProspectsExcellent progression opportunities available for the right candidate
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)