Job DescriptionTo provide day to day administration support to the Tenancy Services Housing Team. Assisting the team to provide a first class service to its internal and external customers.
• Providing day to day administration support to the Tenancy Services Housing Team for example including diary management, filing, minute taking, scanning and data inputting.
• Providing support to teams within the Operational Housing Directorate, as required and gaining a greater understanding of how the services are delivered in Social Housing (Within Income, Lettings, Homeownership, Customer Services, Resident Involvement and Asset Management Teams)
• Communicating with customers both internally and externally by a number of methods of communication including face to face, telephone, email and written correspondence
• To manage the post room function, with particular responsibility for the daily distribution of incoming post for the business and management of the franking machine.
• Assisting in the management of Tenancies to achieve value for money in the delivery of Housing services
• To contribute to the organisation’s efficient management of housing stock by coordinating, distributing and replenishing of keys and fobs.
• Carry out regular stock checks of keys and fobs and any other team specific equipment and ordering as required.
• Undertake any other duties that are in keeping with the post as your knowledge and experience grow
Working WeekMonday – Friday 37 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Basic IT Skills - Microsoft Outlook
• Basic IT Skills - Microsoft Office – Word and Excel
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Common sense approach to problem solving
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good organisational skills
• Customer focused approach
• Previous experience within an office environment
• Experience of using business IT systems to produce communication
Personal QualitiesEveryone at Derwent Living plays an essential role in contributing to the success of the business. SPIRIT Behaviours, also known as SPIRIT Values, will help to create a culture which supports the mission of the organisation. Its purpose is to help the business, and the wider group as a whole, work better together. We will expect everyone to behave in a way that reinforces the SPIRIT values and behaviours. You will need to tell us not just ‘what you can do’ but the ‘way that you do it’ demonstrates these behaviours.
Future ProspectsPotential to progress to level 4
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)