Job DescriptionAn excellent opportunity to work in a small accountancy firm, based in Croxley Green, learning key skills such as bookkeeping, business acumen, Excel and client communication.
· Basic Bookkeeping
· Collating client’s records onto excel
· Using Safe 50 accountancy programme
· Developing a wider knowledge of excel
· Understanding VAT returns
· Preparing basic accounting schedules
· Assisting in developing procedures with new changed within the UK Tax system
· Speaking to clients on a regular basis
· Completing administrative tasks
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:30am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Computer literate with a basic knowledge and understanding of Excel and Word.
- Admin skills and a good telephone manner.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, willing to learn, flexible and adaptable.
- A desire to learn bookkeeping and go on to train as an accountant.
Future ProspectsPotential for a full time positon after completion of the apprenticeship. Also, after completion of NVQ level 3 candidates will be encouraged to start studying for their AAT examinations or progress onto Level 4.
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Watford on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.