Job DescriptionA fantastic opportunity to work with an authorised Apple Service Provider within the city of Brighton and Hove. You will have the chance to work with specialists from this field and become a service engineer for all products dealt offered.
Work with a team of dedicated Apple service engineers to fix Macs as warranty or out of warranty work. Repairs are to be carried out in an effective but timely manner. You will have to interact with customers in a professional manner.
Using simple scripts to advanced databases to help with the creation of bespoke software.
- Repairing any Mac related problems
- Providing software solutions
- Using simple scripts to advanced databases like MySQL, Omnis, Objective C, OS X
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Unit C Linux background
• Comfortable using command line
• Aptitude with terminal base (very important)
• Customer focused
• Knowledge of the MAC environment
• Know how to use tools
• A keen interest in hardware
Personal Qualities• Well organised
• Interest in Apple products
• Good communication skills
• Works well in a team
Future ProspectsPermanent position as well as the option for a level 4 progression.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)