Job DescriptionWe are an independent digital agency that specialises in responsive web design and development looking for an apprentice to join our web design team based at The Bloc in Anlaby,
You will be working on a wide variety of projects; assisting with our support desk, liaising with
our clients and assisting the team with design and development of websites.
Your duties will include but will not be limited to;
- Using Photoshop to dissect elements of web design PSD’s ready for development
- Setting up WordPress and Magento CMS ready for development
- Responsible for the design and administration of our monthly newsletter
- Answering support queries
- Assisting the team with design and development
You will need to be able to work within a small team, developing the best practices and
improving your work processes. You work with the team to assist with delivering the projects to
Fitting in with our team of eclectic individuals is essentia, so the interview will be the clincher and will demonstrate to us whether you are right for us
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm 40 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsGCSE A - C in English and Maths and ICT
● At least a GCSE or equivalent in Art / Art and Design / Graphic Design / Media Studies
● A good knowledge of Photoshop.
● Interest in and capability understanding social media platforms and their respective
participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ etc), and in
particular how they can be deployed in different scenarioS.
Bonus Skills, but not essential:
● Basic WordPress knowledge.
● Basic Magento knowledge
Personal Qualities● Hard working
● Ability to handle pressure and work within deadlines
● Able to take on board constructive criticism
● Creative thinker, to be able to think outside the box and take it upon yourself to go out
and find answers to things.
● Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
● Friendly and pleasant demeanour
Future ProspectsFull time position with the company.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)