Job DescriptionLooking to start a career in Web Development? Our client is recruiting an Apprentice Web Developer to join their team. Working from offices on the edge of Derby City Centre, the candidate will create & main-tain e-commerce sites using PHP programming & Drupal frameworks.
Due to their rapid expansion, our client is looking for an Apprentice Web Developer to join their team.
The successful candidate will be required to provide additional resource to the development and support teams, working from offices on the edge of Derby City centre.
The candidate will primarily be working on new projects and requirements for support clients, tackling a wide variety of requests across different websites. Candidate may also be involved on occasions with larger new-build projects within the development team.
Typical roles and responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintaining and developing websites using Drupal
• Providing customers with the necessary tools to implement new web content through the content management system
• Bug fixes – analyse the code to ensure website is functioning as it should be
• Various administrative tasks may be necessary for the job role.
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 13 month apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 7:00pm (Flexible)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Some degree of experience using coding languages
- • Keen eye for details
- • Good concentration skills
- • Creative
- • Positive problem solver
- • Enthusiastic
- • Reliable
- • Hard working
Future ProspectsFor the ideal candidate the opportunity to progress onto a level 4 qualification or secure a full-time position will be an option.
The qualification will consist of:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam).
On completion of this apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited Knowledge Modules covering the following topics: Software Development Context, Methodologies and Programming. You will also be eligible to apply for entry onto the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)