Job DescriptionPushON are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to fill the role of Apprentice Web Developer within their growing web development team. You’ll have the opportunity to work with an international client base within an award-winning agency, and develop your digital marketing knowledge and experience along the way.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Back-end web development (primarily; WordPress and Magento)
• Support end users of the in-house developed applications, gaining a strong understanding of application maintenance and support processes
• Expand experience by working within the development team to test, develop to specification, and ultimately contributing to design in order to deliver business critical solutions
• Work with end users to identify opportunities for improvement of current and future applications
Working Week40hrs per week Monday to Friday 09:00/17:00 or 10:00/18:00 this includes a paid one hour lunch break
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Basic knowledge of PHP
- • Organisational and time-keeping skills
- • Written and communications skills
- • The right candidate must be a self-starting individual
- • Strong organisational and written skills.
- • You must possess a passion for the web development industry
- • Be committed to keeping up to date with industry news, trends and best practices
Future ProspectsFor the right candidate this may lead into permanent employment.
The qualification will consist of:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam).
On completion of this apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited Knowledge Modules covering the following topics: Software Development Context, Methodologies and Programming. You will also be eligible to apply for entry onto the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)