• You will be responsible for translating designs of websites into fully-realised websites, for the creation and maintenance of software which will be re-used by the development team in various projects, and most importantly, will be responsible for creating high-quality, well-tested, and well-designed software, and for learning new technologies as they emerge.
• As an apprentice, you will be provided constant and consistent introductions and training to new technology, and mentoring on a one-to-one basis to improve the skills you already have and to foster the development of new skills.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9am – 5pm (35 hours per week)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • IT Literate
- • Team Player
- • A passion for software development is essential and you must be able to demonstrate this - i.e you like coding just for fun!
- • A positive and can-do attitude is required
- • You must have a willingness to work
- • Being punctual and reliable is essential in this role
Future ProspectsA permanent opportunity for the right candidate may be on offer after the apprenticeship.
The qualification will consist of:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam).
On completion of this apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited Knowledge Modules covering the following topics: Software Development Context, Methodologies and Programming. You will also be eligible to apply for entry onto the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)