Job DescriptionAre you a budding developer? Our client is looking for an apprentice who can demonstrate a passion for web development. You will build websites using languages such as html, CSS, PHP and Ja-vaScript.
Our client is looking to recruit an Apprentice Web Developer to join their young and vibrant team.
The role of the apprentice will be to assist with the design and build of websites as per client specification.
Typical roles and responsibilities may include the following:
• Back end coding using Laravel & PHP framework
• Using PhotoShop & Illustrator to design sites
• Maintaining code/Bug fixes
• Client support, e.g. running fault diagnostics on a piece of code if a particular function isn’t working
• Code commenting, i.e. writing instructions to explain what the code actually does
• Content management integration
• Opportunity to get involved with marketing and communications task, for example, offering assistance with the company blog, Social Media Management and e-mail marketing campaigns.
Full training and support will be provided by both the Training Provider and the Business.
Although our client doesn’t expect the candidate to have a great amount of experience, some knowledge of programming languages will be desirable.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Some prior knowledge/experience with programming languages
- • Excellent attention to detail
- • Excellent ability to grasp new skills/techniques
- • Methodical and logical
- • Problem solver
- • Trustworthy and reliable
- • Enthusiastic
- • Persistent
Future ProspectsA full time position and progression onto a level 4 qualification is available for hard working apprentices.
The qualification will consist of:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam).
On completion of this apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited Knowledge Modules covering the following topics: Software Development Context, Methodologies and Programming. You will also be eligible to apply for entry onto the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)