Job DescriptionIf you are a driven and creative individual this is a great opportunity to join an aspiring team to perform key duties, delivering high quality output at the rate required to meet ongoing business needs.
Do you love working with software and websites?
Are you a creative individual?
Within this role, you will be designing the visual elements of websites. Ensuring they are attractive to customers and bring in new customers.
Daily tasks will include:
• Designing and creating new websites using the WordPress CMS
• Creating custom code using php or other coding languages
• Changing websites to meet customers’ requirements.
• Attending meetings with clients, and making notes in order to implement cus-tomer requirements on a website.
• Optimising website code, to increase the efficiency of the code.
• Creating proper documentation to support the website creation.
• Training non-technical clients about how to update their website (i.e. add a blog post)
• Working as part of a dynamic and growing team, working to tight deadlines and being responsible for and accountable for your actions.
• Being able to work independently, whist having the confidence to ask for help from other team members when required.
• Being able to plan and manage your weekly schedule, whilst keeping up with various projects and diverse workloads.
You will be working in a team with an experienced web developer alongside a motivated and committed team.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Desired experience with WordPress and designing websites
- Excellent IT Skills
- Good at working in a team and individually
- An adaptable detail and quality-oriented approach with the ability to manage multiple projects
- The ability to pick up new concepts and technologies
- A positive and keen attitude
Future ProspectsProgression opportunities for the right candidate.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)