Job DescriptionA fantastic opportunity is available working for a fast-growing web design & digital marketing agency based in the heart of Long Eaton. The position is for an Apprentice Web Developer and as part of the role you will be working at the forefront of the web development industry by maintaining and developing bespoke back-end systems and websites.
Due to recent growth, we’re now on the lookout for a talented individual to join our development team as an Apprentice Web Developer. This is a great opportunity to kick-start your career in tech and join a small but rapidly-growing company.
The role is to support our senior developer in building and maintaining our bespoke systems and websites. You will work across the full software development lifecycle, from idea creation through to launch. As well as software and web development, the role will also involve database management, bug fixing and general system maintenance.
Why Work For Jacit:
● You’ll be working in a creative environment with an ambitious team
● You’ll be encouraged to learn and develop a variety of skills
● See how your work positively impacts the business
● Work with passionate individuals who love what they do, even on Mondays!
● Spend breaks playing video games
● Receive an extra day off on your birthday (or the closest Monday or Friday if it falls on a weekend).
● Website and system testing – running tests, identifying bugs and resolving issues.
● Ongoing website and system support and maintenance.
● Database management and maintenance
Skill, Knowledge and Experience (Essential):
● Ability to contribute and express ideas
● Good communication skills – must be confident and professional when talking to clients in person and on the phone
● Show good time keeping, attendance and have a professional attitude
● Be able to organise and manage own time and projects to achieve deadlines
● Quick learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Must be comfortable working independently and within a small team (2-3 people)
Skill, Knowledge and Experience (Desirable):
● Knowledge or experience with databases (MySQL or similar)
● Example projects, work or portfolio would be advantageous (including personal projects, school projects, work projects, etc)
● Knowledge or awareness of the Laravel PHP framework would be very advantageous
This is a great opportunity combining work and training for anyone who wants to get into the web development and tech industry but who does not have large amounts of qualifications or experience. While we take our work and deliverables very seriously, we have a relaxed and creative working environment.
If you’re an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who loves technology, and who’s looking for a role which allows you to grow and become an important member of our company, this is the role for you.
Working WeekMonday-Friday: 9:00 - 17:00 (35 hours per week)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills - must be confident and professional when talking to clients and answering the phone.
- Ability to contribute and communicate ideas
- Show good time keeping, attendance and have a professional attitude
- Self-motivated and eagerness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Passionate and a genuine enthusiasm for technology
- Friendly with a sense of fun
Future ProspectsFull permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
The qualification will consist of:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam).
On completion of this apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited Knowledge Modules covering the following topics: Software Development Context, Methodologies and Programming. You will also be eligible to apply for entry onto the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)