Job DescriptionAre you a creative and motivated future web designer? We have an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation with passion, expertise and experience in the Retford area as an apprentice web developer.
|Are you eager to learn and genuinely excited about learning new coding languages, methods and expanding your knowledge base?|
In this role, you will be working in a closely-knit team of highly skilled developers to bring to life designs made for our international client base. Working in such an environment, you will have the opportunity to learn some great skills and be part of a team working on exciting projects from responsive websites, to mobile phone apps to in-house CRMs.
On a typical project, you would:
· Work with the colleagues, using test sites to see which ideas best suit the client’s needs.
· Build the framework – or ‘architecture’ – of the site and add the command buttons, payment systems and video, sound or animation.
· Make sure that the new site can be smoothly integrated into the client’s existing network, for instance linking with a customer database.
· Work on the site’s appearance, often with a web designer.
· Put in measures to deal with user access and security.
· Test the site under construction to find and fix any problems – or ‘bugs’ – before it goes live.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsSome experience in at least one of the following:
• PHP (Laraval)
Personal QualitiesTo excel in this role, you must have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to communicate your ideas verbally
• Passion for learning new methods and technologies
• A passion to be an accomplished web developer
Future ProspectsThis is an opportunity to learn valuable skills and become a permanent member of the We Are Damage team.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)