Job DescriptionSeeking a career in Web Development & Design? Based in Ashbourne, our client is recruiting a Junior Developer to join their team. You will design, create & maintain customer websites using various programming languages & assist with other areas.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about Web Design and Development.
Typical day to day roles and responsibilities will include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Designing, creating and maintaining WordPress & Joomla templates and websites as per client specifications
- Using Adobe Creative suite, i.e. PhotoShop and Illustrator to design the style, branding and graphics on a website
- Maintaining code/Bug fixes
- Client support, e.g. running fault diagnostics on a piece of code if a particular function isn’t working
- Code commenting, i.e. writing instructions to explain what the code actually does
Having supported and progressed a Level 3 IT apprentice already, our client fully understands the process of taking on an apprentice.
A good knowledge or interest of programming and coding is essential but full training and support will be offered.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
• Experience using the full Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
• Methodical and logical
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
Personal Qualities• Hardworking and committed
• Flexible and versatile
• Reliable and trustworthy
Future ProspectsOur client will support hard-working apprentices onto their Level 4 HND qualification and are looking to offer a full time position at the end of the Apprenticeship.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)