Job DescriptionThis is a great opportunity for the right person to get an apprenticeship in a fast-growing and supportive business. The right candidate will be exposed to various, interesting and challenging elements of software, with a company wanting to invest in the future of their staff force.
|Practicon are looking for an apprentice to enter the business and to be a key member of staff for years to come following their training. They would like an entry level software development technician that can tap into their expertise and to bring new ideas of their own to the role. The day to day tasks will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Creating & working from design specifications
· Planning of software development timescales
· Design and implementation of PC based GUI schemes using Visual Basic, C#, SQL Server software applications.
· Development and improvement of new & existing software solutions
· Testing & debugging of software applications
· Supporting external customers & systems
All training and support will be given on the above throughout the apprenticeship.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Confident, literate, punctual, presentable, positive attitude & manner, motivated, flexible & adaptable, excellent verbal & written communication skills, high levels of enthusiasm.
- • Computer literate with good working knowledge/interest in software programming languages and applications on either home or school projects. Good working knowledge of PC’s and Windows Operating Systems, a hands on individual with a passion for software engineering and wanting to understand how things work.
- • Good analytical skills, Attention to detail, flexible 'can do' approach, problem-solving mind set and be self-motivated with the desire to learn new skills, comfortable working within a small team and have good communication skills.
- • Punctual
- • Good time keeping skills
- • Motivated to succeed
- • Positive attitude when it comes to work
- • Happy to learn new things
Future ProspectsPotential full time employment for the right candidate.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)