Job DescriptionAn exciting opportunity exists to join a busy established TaxAssist Accountants practice. With offices situated in Nottingham the practice opened in 1999 & serves a growing number of non-audit clients being sole traders, partnerships & limited companies.
The role will be based in the Long Eaton office reporting direct to the Practice Manager. It encompasses preparation of working papers leading to accounts production in both statutory and unincorporated formats. Working papers are completed in Excel using the clients original records consisting of sales and purchase invoices and bank statements. Software used includes CCH Accounts Production and Sage.
The role will also include VAT schedule and return completion. The work involves resolution of queries with clients which will eventually be undertaken by the applicant by telephone, email and face to face. The applicant may be asked to work in the Shepshead office to cover holidays / sickness. A full driving licence and own transport are therefore desirable but not essential. There will also be the opportunity to learn aspects of business taxation and payroll.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsComputer Literate,
Excellent customer Service Skills
Future ProspectsProgression onto your Professional Taxation Level 4 and to grow with the business
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Derby on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.