Job Description** Fantastic Apprenticeship Opportunity** working for the world’s leading independent, comprehensive IT services company. Based in Chesterfield you will work within DXC within the iACTION, iBUILD and the integrate teams completing an Apprenticeship in IT Infrastructure Technician.
DXC are recruiting Assistant System technicians to work across 3 different teams within the business and are looking for inspiring, technical, driven people to fit into these teams;-
Apprentice – IT Service Management
Capacity Manager- This includes monitoring compliance, involvement with data security audits, analysing threats & risk as well as reporting against Service Level Agreements.
Release Manager- which includes testing and deploying software releases.
Asset Manager- The role includes Hardware & Software Renewals, Licence management & Software Licencing Compliance etc.
Apprentice – IT Project Engineering
Midrange- Participation in server builds, configuration and operational readiness activities.
Exchange / Email and messaging services- Implementation and support of solutions focused on messaging and connectivity of business applications into the global exchange environment and Outlook configurations. Includes technologies such as Skype, Office 365 Exchange services, Exchange 2010 and 2013.
Apprentice – IT Support Engineering
Apprentice to support application and software services, client service delivery, corporate functions (i.e. HR, Finance etc), Project management, Hardware support, client field (3rd line) support, cloud technologies, platform support: Unix, storage etc, Workplace support: Desktop, Email etc, security services: Cyber & account and IT Service Desk Voice/chat/web.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Working knowledge of a range of cabling and connectivity, the various types of antennas and wireless.
- Understands maintenance processes and applies them in working practices
- Understands and applies the basic elements and architecture of computer systems.
- Understands where to apply the relevant numerical skills e.g Binary Understands he relevant networking skills necessary to maintain a secure network.
- Understands the similarities, differences and benefits of the current Operating Systems available.
- Understands how to operate remotely and how to deploy and securely integrate mobile devices.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Cloud and Cloud Services
- Understands the similarities and differences between a range of coding and logic
- Working knowledge of business IT skills relevant to the organisation
- Understands the importance of disaster recovery and how a disaster recovery plan works and their role.
- Keen interest in IT and Technology industry
- Willing to learn new skills
- Good interpersonal skills to interact well with customers and team members
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proactive thinker with a can-do attitude
- Good problem determination skills
- Able to follow direction of team lead
- Enthusiastic, resilient and the energy to succeed
Future ProspectsConversion to Employee status and option to move up to Level 4 on successful completion of Level 3.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)