Job DescriptionThrough the National Construction Academy, there is now the chance to get a head start into a fantastic and exciting career which is in high demand. We are now looking for the next generation of hardworking persons with the right work ethic and personality to take advantage of this vacancy.
Through the apprenticeship programme, you will be taught by a qualified member of staff.
They will ensure that you are equipped with the skills and knowledge you need to know so you may successfully complete your qualification.
You will need to show attention to detail when cutting and aligning brickwork and slabs.
You will be involved in:
• Applying and sealing foundations with materials that are damp-resistant and spreading and removing excess mortar.
• When working with bricks, you will also learn how to inspect vertical and horizontal brick alignment.
• You will learn how to build arches and brick structures along with repairing and restoring brick structures, supporting with the maintenance of our existing academies.
• How to use all the specialist hand tools, machinery and power tools associated with this role.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 40 hour pw max
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Reliable and a good time keeper.
- • Ability to cope with the physical demands of the role.
- • Adaptable to weather changes.
- • Keen to succeed
- • Hardworking and have some experience of the trade. (Although this is not essential)
- • You need to be willing to learn and have a genuine interest in the construction trade
- • Must be a good team player and have the ability to get on with all people at all levels.
Future ProspectsUpon completion of your level 2 there are opportunities to progress to a level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Many apprentices progress through the industry with their employer who they start their apprenticeship with while others take their skills and knowledge elsewhere, into management positions within the business or even through to setting up their own businesses.
This is a 12-month qualification that consists the L2 NVQ in Trowel Occupations (Construction) and L2 Diploma in Bricklaying.
You will cover topics allowing you to support your business needs by learning how to understand general health, safety and welfare in the workplace, how to conform to productive working practices in the workplace and how to move, handle and store resources in the workplace.