Job DescriptionThe National Construction Academy has fantastic opportunities for hardworking and driven people to work as part of a bricklaying companies, constructing commercial and private developments.
Our Level 2 Trowel occupations qualification is designed to equip you with the
knowledge and skills to develop as a bricklayer in the construction industry. This is a 12 month qualification that confirms competency with working in trowel occupations.
You will learn a range of skills from:
• Building walls for new homes and developments
• Repair and refurbish walls on existing homes and restoration projects.
• You will erect masonry structures and cladding in a variety of contexts
• Learn to work safely as part of a team.
You will cover topics allowing you to support your employers needs by learning how to understand general health, safety and welfare in the workplace, how to conform to productive working practices in the workplace and how to move, handle and store resources in the workplace.
On a day to day basis you will:
• Load out bricks and spot boards
• Mix cement
• General labouring
• Jointing and Pointing
• Cleaning duties
• Laying bricks and blocks
Working WeekMonday – Friday 7.30am – 4pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Reliable and a good time keeper.
- • Ability to cope with the physical demands of the role.
- • Adaptable to weather changes
- • Keen to succeed
- • Hardworking and have some experience of the trade.(Although this is not essential)
- • You need to be willing to learn and have a genuine interest in the construction trade
- Must be a good team player and have the ability to get on with all people at all levels.
Future ProspectsUpon completion of your level 2 there are opportunities to progress to a level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Many apprentices progress through the industry into management positions or set up their own businesses.
• Intermediate Apprenticeship in Bricklaying
• Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
• Level 2 Functional Skills