Job DescriptionThe successful candidate will be required to provide a comprehensive and effective administrative service to support the smooth and efficient running of the Practice.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide clerical support i.e. filing, photocopying and typing.
2. Input, retrieve and collate information using Practice computer systems.
3. To receive visitors to the Practice in a professional, friendly manner while actively maintaining the security of the area.
4. Deal with face to face or telephone enquiries; convey messages and transfer calls as necessary while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
5. To be responsible for receiving and processing of mail, incoming and out-going telephone calls in accordance with Practice Policies.
6. To communicate effectively and liaise with other health professionals in a clear concise and professional manner.
7. Liaise with other agencies and official bodies to assist in providing a high quality and efficient service sharing information as appropriate.
8. Undertake statutory training as required.
9. To ensure that security in the work environment is maintained, by locking doors and windows; challenging unknown persons who enter the working area and by wearing the Practice’s identity badge at all times whilst at work.
10. To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame and:
• Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary.
• Undertake any necessary written work at home during the length of the course.
11. Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
The Practice aims to maintain the goodwill and confidence of its staff, service users and the general public. To assist in achieving this objective it is essential at all times for employees to carry out their duties in a courteous, confidential and sympathetic manner.
All duties and responsibilities must be undertaken, at all times, in compliance with the Practice’s Policies and Procedures.
This is not intended to be a complete list of duties and responsibilities; it is subject to change in line with developments within the Practice and may be amended at any time to meet the needs of the service.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Good communication and Relationship Skills
- Can make judgements on how to deal with an enquiry which is not straightforward and be able to determine the appropriate course of action from the information available.
- Can organise own tasks and prioritises work load. Plan and organise straightforward tasks, activates or programmes, some of which may be ongoing.
- Dexterity, coordination for keyboard skills; skills for data input.
- Would be able to provide advice, or demonstrate own activities or workplace routines to new or less experienced employees in own work area.
- Work under supervision and within well established procedures and / or practices and has standards and results to be achieved.
Future ProspectsTo progress in the future of the company.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)