Job DescriptionThe Administrator “Ad” is responsible for all general daily business administration with particular attention in reception duties and accounts administration, including, but not limited to: - answering telephones, filing, diary maintenance, checking, collating and sending letters / documents for customers, time sheet processing, HR administration,
1. General Administration, HR Administration & Accounts Administration
• Provide reception cover, answer incoming calls and direct to the right department and deal with any visitors efficiently.
• Carry out general day to day administration, such as filing, copying, scanning
• Learn the business administration processes, to ensure effective cover (for busy periods / holiday / sickness cover etc), including accurate checking and collating of information being send to customers.
• Provide administration assistance to the accounts team, this could include reconciling of the month end purchase ledger invoices, coding, scanning and uploading invoices, helping with credit control/stock control/purchase ordering and other accounts duties.
• Provide administration assistance to the HR department, this could include month end time sheet collation, filing, managing holiday diary, arranging meetings, minute taking and other HR duties.
• Update the electronic systems and databases as soon as new information is received
• Liaise with colleagues to review their administration requirements
• Communicate with customers as instructed by telephone/email/letter etc
• Ensure messages are passed to colleagues in a timely manner
2. Maintain a quality service for our customers
• Give customers timely responses to queries and pass on messages/emails in a timely manner
• Ensure you are working to the Companies quality policies
• Ensure all information is clear and concise
3. Administer and schedule work
• Ensure you have planned in your work and know what you must do each day.
• Report back to Line Managers any problems.
• Work in cooperation with other departments.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 35 Hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work cooperatively with other people
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
• Effective negotiation and mediation skills
• Effective written communication skills
• Stress management skills
• Time management skills
Personal Qualities• Be honest and trustworthy
• Be respectful
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Be flexible
• Demonstrate sound work ethics
Future ProspectsTo progress in the future of the company
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)