Job DescriptionWe currently have an opportunity for a Business Administration Apprentice to join Wychavon District Council, situated in Pershore, providing administrative support to our Parking Services team. Completing an apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification - Level 3 Business Administration
Typical duties will include:
• Gaining experience in undertaking routine clerical duties such as maintain-ing simple filing systems or records.
• Working with other members of the trainee’s own section but may include delivering documents etc within the Civic Centre.
• Assisting with the incoming and outgoing post, including post opening and distribution.
• Learning how to operate general office equipment such as scanners, pho-tocopiers and answerphone.
• Providing support as necessary after/with relevant training and experience, to include preparation of documents using word processing and spread-sheets
• Answer the telephones in the office and take messages
• Assist with basic entries onto computer systems e.g. databases
• Other such duties as may be required from time to time in line with the grading of
the post and requirements of the trainee’s Personal Training Plan
• Comply with all aspects of the Council’s Code of Conduct and Equal
• Comply with health & safety legislation and the Council’s safety
Working WeekMonday – Friday 37 hours per week. Flexi-time available
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Good communication skills
- • Good keyboard skills & IT literacy
- • Willingness to work as part of a team
- • Flexible attitude
- Team player