Job DescriptionExcellent Opportunity to work within an established company based in Central Birmingham. This company has contracts with a number of private and public sector organisations and is looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to join their growing team.
AtoZ is an Interpreting & Translation Agency, we hold a database of interpreters/ translators offering various worldwide languages. We match the interpreters to assignments we receive. We have a contract with the NHS of whom we receive regular work and supply interpreters to GP surgeries across the city. We also get some work from the Job Centres, Solicitors and Social services.
You will be working in a small team handling data, answering telephone calls. You would need good communication skills and a very good telephone manner as well as good organisation skills. You would need to be able to communicate with people at all levels, interpreters, NHS staff, consultants and doctors.
- Receive bookings via telephone, email and fax and match interpreters.
- Follow up calls to interpreters to confirm bookings
- Deal with clients and interpreters’ queries.
- Input data for all bookings received
- Send out information in respect of assignments booked for the following day, via text, web text or e-mail.
- Create weekly spread sheet for NHS invoice
- Check in all time-sheets
- Create invoices for private jobs
- Ensure all jobs received are entered on the day sheets.
- Create database for e-mail marketing.
- Chase private jobs payments
- Create weekly payment schedule and payslips.
- Update interpreter’s data base.
- Ensure all induction packages are ready for interpreters training session.
- Ensure blank time sheets are well stocked
- Chase time sheets not returned
- photocopy all payslips
- File all payslip
- Post out all payslips
- Make ID cards for interpreters
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsMust hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent including English/ Maths and have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.
- You must have a keen eye for detail
- Confident and computer literate
- You are active, proactive, detail orientated & articulate
- You enjoy working on your own, as well as part of a team
- A self-starter and highly motivated
- You have a great attitude, strong interpersonal skills and drive
- You have a great strong desire to learn and develop new skills
- Self- motivated with a positive mind-set
- Able to stay calm and focused under pressure
- Polite and professional at all times
Future ProspectsProgression onto the Level 4 Program and long-term progression within the Company!!
Workshops that will be delivered include the following:
• Workshop 1: Business Knowledge & Understanding
• Workshop 2: Professional in the Workplace
• Workshop 3: Decision Making and Managing your Performance
• Workshop 4: Principles of Business
• Workshop 5: Business Systems and Processes
• Workshop 6: Project Management