Job DescriptionThis is an exciting opportunity for one individual to learn more about the way the business is run and gain experience in an office environment. If you are a confident and personable individual apply now!
This is a fantastic role for anyone looking to get into business administration and further their skills in the workplace, this is a great company to work for and learn from.
Responsibilities of this role:
• The role will involve inbound and outbound calls and emails from clients.
• General administration duties.
• Dealing with instant online enquires.
• Instant text messaging service as well as call backs.
• You will be involved in other ad-hoc duties.
• Full training will be given
• Do not contact the employer as this will make your application unsuccessful, if you have any questions contact 3aaa Norwich.
• This vacancy may close early if a suitable candidate is sought before the closing date.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm (Flexible)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Ability to prioritise workload and deal with tasks efficiently
- • Good customer service skills
- • Experience using Microsoft packages, specifically XL
- • A good level of I.T. understanding
- • Strong attention to detail and excellent grammar
- The Business Administration Apprentice will be good at problem solving, with excellent attention to detail
- You must be enthusiastic, confident, and happy to easily fit into a team
- You must be PC literate (Microsoft Office) and be able to use social media effectively
- You must be I.T savvy (full training provided)
- You must be very well organised, and logical when it comes to carrying out tasks
Future ProspectsThe potential exists for this role to develop into a full time position for the right candidate
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)