Job DescriptionThe role of the Apprentice will be to assist the Project Managers in the delivery of translation projects. The role will include liaising with linguists, maintaining the supplier database and the preparing/finalising of project documentation.
The role is to be based within our Project Management Department, the apprentice will provide support to Project Managers as well as being responsible for a number of ongoing administrative projects.
The role will include:
– Sourcing and qualifying linguists for the database/individual projects
– Assisting in project quality assurance and delivery along with the project man-ager
– Updating and maintaining of supplier information on the database
– Negotiating with suppliers on rates
– Updating TMs (translation memories) with translated content
– Layout checking of documents/PDFs
Working WeekMonday-Friday 9-5.30pm. 1 hour for lunch
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- The role will involve working with a number of file formats and software so a good level of IT literacy is required.
- Professional but also personable. Able to work well within a small team and alone. An interest in languages would be preferable.
Future ProspectsPotential full time role for the right candidate.
The qualification will consist of:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable).