Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established and reputable accountancy practice based in Aylesbury and Berkhamsted who pride themselves on delivering excep-tional financial support for their clients.
This Payroll Team role is for a friendly firm of Accountants with a national presence who pride themselves on providing excellent customer service. From their office in Aylesbury, this motivated team works closely with their clients to provide compliance and business growth services, helping them achieve their business goals.
We are looking for an apprentice to join their team reporting to the team leader to ensure all clients expectations are met or exceeded.
As a forward thinking and process driven Accountancy firm it is key that you can keep up to date with new technologies, embracing changes in processes on a regular basis.
You will be responsible for:
• The end to end processing of monthly payroll clients and their employees.
• Managing Payroll administration – starters, leavers, P45’s etc.
• Calculating Holiday, Sick Pay & Statutory Payments.
• Ensuring all Final FPS submissions are filed on time.
• P11D preparation and submissions, including tax advice on benefits and ex-penses.
• Administering payroll for clients subscribed to the Payroll service.
• Liaising directly with clients via phone and email to offer advice and guidance, to include RTI (Real Time Information), statutory payments, tax coding queries etc.
• Working with Payroll team to help develop abilities.
• Production and submission of regular PSC statements, share certificates, con-firmation statements, dividend vouchers, minutes, other company secretarial duties
• Liaising with accounts team to ensure strong compliance service
Key Skills & Experience required:
• Great attitude to customer service
• Ability to learn
• Organisational skills.
• Communication skills.
• Eye for detail
• Excellent PC skills (MS Office) and strong typing ability.
• Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
As an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual you will be expected be flexible and meet deadlines with ease. You will be able to prioritise your workload and work effectively under pressure.
As a small but growing team you will also be required to perform some basic office admin functionality that is expected from all members of the team to make the client experience as good as it can be. This includes but is not limited to.
• Scanning client information
• Answering the phones
• Greeting clients on arrival
• Making clients feel welcome
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Numerate
- • Literate
- • Reliable
- • Presentable
- • Honest
- • Enthusiastic
- • Motivated
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate/ progression onto a higher apprenticeship.
The qualification will consist of:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable).