Job DescriptionAre you a professional person in the making? A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our ever-growing team in our Hull office. As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will be expected to provide support to the Proposals Team. Your development will be well structured and geared towards you building a long career with The Spencer Group.
• Prepare and manage correspondence and documents such as letters, presentations and reports.
• Communicate verbally and in writing to answer enquiries and provide information as required.
• Collate information using Microsoft Office Software and internal computer systems.
• Using office equipment, such as, printers, scanners and photocopiers.
• Study towards and complete the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration.
• Arrange and attend strategic team meetings.
• Ensure calendars and planners are up to date, accurate and compliant.
• Answer phone calls and take messages from external clients and suppliers/subcontractors.
• Set up and maintain filing systems including computer databases.
• Liaise with internal and external contacts.
• Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally.
• Assisting colleagues as necessary.
• Ad hoc duties as required.
Working WeekMonday - Friday Hours - 08.30 - 17.00 (40 hours per week)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Good interpersonal skills
- • Good written and verbal communications skills
- • Ability to stay calm under pressure
- • Work to tight deadlines
- • Strong numeracy and IT skills
- • Ability to prioritise a varied workload
- • Good organisational skills
- • Efficient and well organised
- • Attention to detail
- • Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- • Self-motivated and able to use initiative
- • Confident when using IT and office equipment
Future ProspectsConfident when using IT and office equipment.
The qualification will consist of:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable).