Job DescriptionAre you interested in a Business Administration role? Want a career as a Business Administration apprentice? Look no further we are looking to recruit a Business Administration apprentice, Interested? We are a community Hub in Birmingham and we are looking to recruit someone to focus with our administration and office activity.
POD Business and Administration Apprentice
The POD Business Administration Apprentice is the public facing worker at the POD.
The role involves excellent communication and organisational skills, the ability to work on your own initiative and be capable of prioritising your workload. The ability to keep information confidential and be a trustworthy member of a team is also important.
To provide support to POD staff to ensure the effective administration of the centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To be able to use, input and retrieve information from Microsoft databases
• Deal with telephone and email enquiries, using an email system(e.g. Outlook)
• Photocopy, scan and print various documents, posters, registers and flyers
• Organise and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information
• Create and maintain filing and other office systems
• Keep diaries and arrange appointments
• Schedule and attend meetings, create agendas and take minutes
• Book rooms and training facilities
• Order and maintain stationery and equipment
• Setting up rooms with correct equipment and resources dependant on the purpose of the meeting.
• To act as first point of contact for all POD users.
• To signpost community members to appropriate and relevant services and support.
• To maintain/update internal and external notice boards and displays.
• To be responsible for issuing registers to all groups using the POD and the collection and filing of registers at the end of each session
• To provide practical support to any POD activities as and when required.
• To assist in the collation and recording of data for POD activities.
• To welcome and receive visitors to the POD and to assist in the day to day running of The POD.
• To monitor refreshment supplies and notify when stock need replenishing.
• Any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Customer service
- Computer literate
- Microsoft knowledge
- Hard working
- Attention to detail
Future ProspectsPotentially full time position, progression to level 4.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)