Job DescriptionSTART YOUR BUSINESS ADMIN CAREER today with 3aaa Apprenticeships. We are seeking an enthusiastic Business Admin Apprentice to join a lovely ethical baby & child toy/clothes shop in the beautiful town of Horsham.
For the most part, the job is administrative, assisting in the day-to-day managing of the shop and online shop. The apprentice will learn the ins & outs of the business, including assisting with the following tasks:
• Bookkeeping using an online accounting software (Quickbooks)
• Drafting emails, letters and updating internal spreadsheets (MS Office)
• Drafting newsletters and maintaining mail list database (Mailchimp)
• Drafting social media posts and blogs on topics of interest and relevant to the business (Facebook, Instagram, WordPress)
• Handling Online orders, customer orders in the shop as well as via phone & email and trade/bulk orders.
• Using the till & card payment terminal (There will be much less emphasis on working as a customer assistant in the shop, but it is an important aspect of the job that they are willing to work behind the till when required and engage with customers on the shop floor.)
• Assisting in the operation of our Nursery Reward Scheme and other loyalty/ discount schemes.
• Assisting in setting up and taking bookings for events in the shop (including irregular Parenting talks/workshops and our weekly antenatal and hypnobirthing classes)
• Getting involved in stock management and ordering stock from our numerous suppliers.
• Help improve & create new processes to streamline business operations.
The job requires a good level of numeracy, IT and excellent written communication and attention to detail,
Working WeekWorking Week: Tuesday – Friday 1 hour for lunch 9.30am-5.30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Have a good understanding of how social media is used and how it can help to drive business growth.
- • Have outstanding interpersonal skills.
- • Feel comfortable discussing topics in depth and being honest if you do not understand.
- • Be able to produce written content that is of a good standard.
- • Bring a positive attitude to the office every day and be willing to learn new skills.
- • Have the confidence to ask lots of questions!
- • Basic Microsoft Office: Competent with Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook
- • Social Media knowledge
- • Online experience/knowledge
- • Good level of written English
- • Attention to detail and high quality of work
- • Interest in digital marketing
- • Highly analytical, confident working with data
- • Well organised
- • Adaptable, able to learn quickly and use own initiative
- • Highly collaborative and able to work as part of a team
- S/he will be proficient in the use of Excel and IT literate when using Word and Outlook and will be keen to learn and embrace new technology.
Future ProspectsOpportunity for promotion and progression onto Level 4 Business Administration Apprenticeship.
The qualification will consist of:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable).