Job DescriptionAre you a ‘Business Brain’? We are looking for an organised and efficient apprentice to become an integral part of their business. As an apprentice, you will learn every aspect of the company, building on your existing skills and becoming a valuable team member – don’t miss out, apply now!
To provide secretarial support to the team and maintain project specific and department records and systems in accordance with the requirements as specified by the Construction Manager.
Main Tasks of Job:
- Provide secretarial support to the project managers
- Collate O&M Manuals efficiently adding information in accordance with the progress of the project
- Collate expenses from assigned teams in readiness for issue to the departmental manager
- Maintain a departmental diary for the department using the Outlook system and email weekly locations to Reception
- Support the team and assist in efficiency improvements
- Scan and save site specific documentation into the job folder and upload to A.Site
- Answering the phone, you will be on the second tier of calls and these must be answered
- Filing of project documents for your team
- Scanning paperwork and job files
- Create project specific Health & Safety files
- Create project specific family trees
- Maintain Plant Hire Sheet
- Sprinkler equipment call offs and order updates
- Update plant orders on Sage on a weekly basis
Additional Tasks Include:
- Ensure all supplier complaints are logged onto the supplier performance log.
- Review outstanding A Site items for your team and help to reduce these where possible.
- Update job/labour & prefab breakdowns as required
- Deal with any invoice queries and update breakdowns were necessary
- Holiday/sickness cover for other team members
- Any other duties as requested by PA/Head of Contracts Administration or Construction Manager
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Good organisational skills including the ability to work within tight deadlines
• Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team, and to use own initiative
• Good verbal communication skills, including a pleasant and friendly telephone manner
• Experience in using word processing, emailing and internet facilities and willingness and aptitude to learn new technology applications
Personal Qualities• Professional
• Positive attitude
Future ProspectsCompco commit to training all their staff to ensure they reach their potential in life, providing a secure work environment that allows our teams to plan for the future. With a comprehensive training package and 40+ industry developed learning modules along with contracting skills in construction. Compco excel in developing their teams into the very finest in the industry and allowing the individual to flourish.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)