Job DescriptionAre you looking for that perfect opportunity to kick-start your IT career? Do you want to work for a global leader in two-way communication solutions? If so, then Sepura has the apprenticeship that you have been looking for! Apply Now!
|Sepura is a global leader in two-way communication solutions covering radio terminals, systems and applications. They are currently on the lookout for a Business Systems Apprentice to join the Business Systems IT team focusing on AX, Sharepoint, Business Intelligence project and other interal systems and applications.|
This role would be perfect for a confident, hardworking and motivated individual who is keen to undertake an apprenticeship and learn and develop their existing knowledge and skills within the software sector.
The tasks and responsibilities of the apprentice are:
– To provide 1st line system administration for key applications, including user set up, permissions admin, basic data investigation etc
– To work as the 1st line support for AX development team to investigate reported bugs and gather initial information
– To work with super users to explore and document requirements for development changes
– To write and carry out application testing, with the ability to test against original requirements and provide feedback to the development team on issues found
– Provide some basic training to users, application navigation, report running, etc…
– Create and document some standard processes within the business systems team for software development, development and standard maintenance processs
– Support requirements capture for BI case scenarios
A great opportunity for an apprentice looking to kick-start their career within a highly reputable business, if you think you are confident at communicating, have the ability to score a goal or two and has the ability to perform under pressure.
Then apply now!
Working Week37 hours per week – Monday to Friday 8 Hours Monday to Thursday: core hours 9:30am-4pm 5 hours Friday 9:30am – 12:30pm 30 mins lunch flexible timing Mon-Thurs
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsIT Literate
Knowledge of MS Office – Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Excellent communication skills
Understanding of how coding works and some basic knowledge of some coding languages
Able to provide internal support
Hard working attitude
Willingness to learn
Future ProspectsThere is the chance to gain a permanent position within the business upon successful completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship. There is also the chance that you can progress on to a Level 4
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)