Job DescriptionAre you interested in a career in Digital Marketing? The Award Winning Absolute Digital Media in the Heart of Chelmsford are looking for an Apprentice to join their Copy Writing Team, if you have a flair and passion for creative writing and content, then this role would be a perfect place to take your first steps into a very rewarding career
We are looking for a Copywriter Apprentice to assist the Content Marketing team with internal projects and some client work, where needed.
The copywriter will be writing content in a range of tones, some of which will be optimised, which is grammatically correct and accurate, and learning how to proof-read content and upload to a basic CMS such as WordPress.
Working alongside a team of copywriters, the Copywriter Apprentice will develop a knowledge of SEO and content marketing best practices.
The role will also entail some social media posting across a range of platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+.
The Copywriter Apprentice will be writing on page web copy, blog posts and social media posts, alongside meta descriptions and meta titles,
All the while, you will be learning why these are important and how influential they can be for a sites SEO, as well as understanding how their role feeds into other areas of the business.
Working WeekMonday to Thursday 9am – 6pm (1 hour for Lunch) Friday 9am – 5pm (30 Minutes for Lunch) 37.5 hours per week.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • The applicant will need to have a basic understanding of the English language and grammar rules, be able to write in a consistent and accurate manner.
- • Good communication skills and the ability to adapt writing styles to suit a certain audience
- • Friendly outgoing individual with the ability to work well in a team
- • A focus on communication across a range of platforms, including digital, email, phone and face to face.
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate, progression to Level 4
The apprenticeship includes:
• BCS Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Coding
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Marketing Principles
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend your local 3aaa academy for around 20 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course (approx. month 14)
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 8 weeks
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.