Job DescriptionAre you a go getting, self starter who is looking for an opportunity to prove yourself as a Web Developer and Designer? Do you have coding skills along with a portfolio of your design work that you are eager to showcase to an employer? Are you looking for a role where you will be valued and your ideas put into practice?
This role will be very varied and include all aspects of web design and building websites for clients. The successful candidate will be involved in User Experience Design. You need to be driven, motivated, a self starter who can smart to be productive. It is essential that you are passionate about design and coding websites.
- The role will involve designing websites and ensuring they are visible and rank high on search engines
- Using your creative skills to design all aspects of websites for customers
- Building websites using code such as HTML
- Creating graphics/images for the websites
- Customer liaison in person and over the telephone
- Taking down detailed descriptions from customers to meet their requirements building their website
- Maintaining web sites and web content
- Repairing any broken website links, etc
- General office duties such as emails, answering the telephone, etc
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsCustomer service, fully computer literate including Adobe, at least one web coding language such as HTML.
Personal QualitiesDriven, creative, able to input ideas and make them a reality, ambition, a self starter, keen to learn, able to code websites, demonstrate your design skills through your portfolio, able to smart in order to be productive.
Future ProspectsTo become a permanent member of the team and continue to build your career within the company.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)