Job DescriptionBirmingham based company are currently looking for a highly motivated, organised and excellent communicator individual to fill the role of an finance assistant apprentice.
Duties include –
• Providing detailed information to facilitate timely completion of Debt Reporting in preparation of Executive Weekly Meeting
• Reviewing the ledger with the on a monthly basis to highlight risks, concerns and opportunities
• Reconciling accounts on a monthly, termly and annual basis
• Ensuring timely and accurate allocation of all payments received on designated ledgers
• Ensuring accurate client details are maintained on the sales ledger including diary notes and that accounts are regularly reconciled and updated
• Ensuring that credit control best practice standards are adhered to
• Highlighting areas of improvement and initiating ideas to improve the overall standard and effectiveness themselves, their team and the Credit Control Department
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsYou will need excellent communication skills, show great attention to detail and be computer literate.
Personal QualitiesThe ideal candidate will have a willingness to learn, be presentable, enthusiastic, organised and hard working.
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity and progression for the right candidate
You will work to achieve the highly recognised AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification and receive MAAT (Member of Association of Accounting Technicians) status.
You will be learning about all aspects of Accounting and learning new skills related to how businesses work. On the Apprenticeship there will be a good mixture of hands-on practical work and written work.