Job DescriptionWant to kick start your accountancy career? An established Guildford firm are after someone who is interested in finance. Learn about tax invoices, using SAGE software and how accountancy firms operate. Ideal for school and college leavers. Apply now and get ahead!
|After significant recent growth we are looking for a credit control assistant to manage a portfolio of high growth recruitment agencies. Reporting into the Finance Manager, you will ultimately be responsible for the following:-|
· Calling clients on a daily basis to chase invoices for payment;
· Allocating cash received on a daily basis to the sales ledger within the Xero accounting system;
· Dealing with client queries via phone and email;
· Liaising with the Finance Manager and other colleagues to resolve queries;
· Weekly reporting to Finance Manager and Directors in relation to client ledgers;
· Ad hoc duties as required by the team.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills Excellent communication skills; both written and verbally. You will have day to day contact with an incredibly diverse range of stakeholders;
Good Excel skills would be advantageous but, more importantly, the ability to adapt to new systems and processes is a necessity.
Time management and organisation skills are very important.
Personal Qualities An enthusiastic and pro-active attitude; someone who shares the company’s drive to be successful and the best at what they do.
Future ProspectsProgression to Level 4 or full-time employment
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Guildford on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
• The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.