Job DescriptionThis role is crucial for the development of the company’s sales pipeline. You will be proactively contacting new prospects by email and telephone in order to secure sales meetings.
|As a Customer Service Apprentice, you will be in the ﬁrst tier of our four tier company structure. You will be reporting directly to the Business Development Manager.
Your beneﬁt is that you’ll be working closely with your senior colleagues which will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to learn from their knowledge and expertise. This should provide you with the tools to kick-start your career in customer service as well as building a strong network from an early stage.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Identifying new leads. Ensuring that the business has enough leads to contact will be one of your most important tasks. To achieve this, you will be making full use of the internet through sites such as Google or LinkedIn to identify new leads that may be suitable for Event Protect. This includes ﬁnding the lead as well as the relevant contact information for the decision maker within the business.
– Contacting new leads. Once you have identiﬁed suitable leads, you will attempt to contact each one primarily via email. Your responsibility here will be to ensure the lead is contacted until a response has been received, providing excellent customer service.
– Recycling old leads. If no response has been received after repeatedly contacting the lead, you will need to ensure you are proactively ‘recycling’ the leads. This means that you’ll need to ﬁnd another decision maker within the business to contact and start the contact process again.
– Responding to emails. You will receive responses to your emails throughout the day. Your main objective here is to respond in a timely manner and to try to incite a meeting with a BDM through your use of communication. Your role may also involve responding to general customer queries that have been received.
– Updating our CRM tool. The CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool is the software that you’ll be using daily to store and log all customer information. Your duty will be to ensure all information is stored here correctly according to our guidelines.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsThe ideal candidate would be bright, ambitious, have good oral & written communication skills and have an ability to ‘think outside the box’. You will need to be prepared to work hard in a fast-paced and target-driven customer service environment where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Personal QualitiesEnthusiastic, ambitious, innovative, motivated, organised, dynamic, sociable, amicable
Future ProspectsPermanent position for the right candidate
• Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)