Job DescriptionA bright and talented individual is required to join our Information Technology Group as a Data Centre Engineer Apprentice. As an apprentice you will study to achieve your Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship qualification as well as gain ‘hands on’ experience in a world class data centre.
|This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone passionate about IT hardware, computing and infrastructure.|
You will also develop the many necessary and practical ICT skills including infrastructure server/hardware installations, and infrastructure hardware maintenance as well as develop a sound understanding of specialist ICT. All of which are required to support the Data Centre team, the ICT department and the campus as it grows and develops.
The job will involve but is not limited to the following:
• Training in basic ICT and advanced technical skills
• Management and monitoring of datacentre environmental controls and equipment
• Data Centre health and safety legislation
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
• Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time
• Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware.
· If a suitable applicant is sought this position may close early
· Do not contact the employer, all applications MUST go through 3aaa Cambridge, if you contact the employer directly your application will be rejected.
Working WeekMonday to Thursday 9 - 5pm Friday 9 - 4:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Good communication skills
• Good knowledge of PC hardware and networking
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Good interpersonal skills
• Able to carry out duties as instructed
• Good time management
Personal Qualities• A genuine interest in ICT
• A good eye for detail
• A commitment to their training and study (and to be prepared to put time aside for their own development)
• A team player
• Desire to learn
• Ability to follow direction
• Good numeracy
• An ability to keep precise records of daily activity and results
Future ProspectsA potential position upon completing the apprenticeship / full time employer possible.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)