Job Descriptioncompany in England doing what you love? Apply for this apprenticeship now!
1. Purpose of the Job
• Assist the Network Manager to manage all aspects of the Groups network and systems to ensure that all security and risk exposures are minimised in terms of both hardware and software to control all IT related assets, to plan for future requirements. To maintain and support existing IT systems and procedures including modifications and additions as required and to ensure relevant users are properly trained and to develop any new systems as approved by the Board.
• First line IT support for all our employees covering a range of technologies, including our Citrix Desktop estate.
• Dealing with Suppliers for all IT supplies including hardware and software requirements.
• Generating purchase orders and ensuring invoices are matched and paid on time.
• Answering support calls and resolving any issues raised or passing them to the relevant member of the IT department.
• Ensure minimal loss of processing time due to hardware or software failure.
• Provide ongoing user support in the use of both hardware and software.
• Generally, support all IT systems including making any additions or modifications after authorisation from the Network Manager to existing software and ensure all systems are correctly used to their full potential.
• Visits to our branch offices to perform hardware installations, office moves, re-locations etc. This will involve the lifting and carrying of computer equipment.
• Routine departmental duties
• To deal efficiently and effectively with colleagues and 3rd parties and keep accurate and complete records of the same
• Mobile device support (Windows Mobile, iPhone, etc)
• Developing or improving existing Hardware and Software auditing procedures.
• Maintaining and controlling license levels.
• Controlling hardware and software movements (laptops and digital projectors)
• Ensure any other tasks requested by the Network Manager are completed efficiently and successfully.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Experience with MS Office Suite 2010 – 2013
- Good Communication skills
- Customer Service focused
- Good Time Management
- Record Keeping
- Ability to assist with heavy lifting
- Trustworthy / Reliable
- Keen, willing to learn new skills
- Flexible attitude
- Outgoing / sociable
- Good team player
- Self Motivated
- Ability to work on own initiative
Future ProspectsProgression to level 4 and possibility of full time job available to the right candidate.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)