Job DescriptionAre you looking for that perfect opportunity to kick-start your IT career? Do you want to work for a global leader in two-way communication solutions? If so, then Sepura has the apprenticeship that you have been looking for! Apply Now!
|Sepura is a global leader in two-way communication solutions covering radio terminals, systems and applications. They are currently on the lookout for a Dev Ops Apprentice to join their Software Systems Engineering Team. This is a wonderful opportunity for a hardworking individual who has a keen interest for IT Software and a passion for coding.|
The tasks and responsibilities of the apprentice are:
– Installing, monitoring and maintaining de-facto industry software development tools.
– Developing extensions to these de-facto tools
– Developing internal and proprietary tools for licensing, customising, deploying, provisioning, monitoring our radio related products
– Supporting the Development, Test and Customer Support teams in their use of these tools
The successful applicant will need to be a creative problem solver with keen customer focus; a team player; someone with excellent communication skills; someone keenly interested in how software is developed, tested and deployed.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship there is the potential of gaining a permanent position within the business with the chance to progress on to a Level 4 qualification to further enhance your learning.
If you are interested in this role then hit that apply button now!
Working Week37 hours per week – Monday to Friday 8 Hours Monday to Thursday: core hours 9:30am-4pm 5 hours Friday 9:30am – 12:30pm 30 mins lunch flexible timing Mon-Thurs
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsIT Literate
Knowledge of MS Office – Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Excellent communication skills
Understanding of how coding works and some basic knowledge of some coding languages
Personal QualitiesShows a desire to learn about Software and Programming
Hard working attitude
Willingness to learn
Future ProspectsThere is the chance to gain a permanent position within the business upon successful completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship. There is also the chance that you can progress on to a Level 4
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)